Details for Job ID# T977
Date Posted - 1-30-2022
Category - Technical
Position Title - Quality Manager - Label Manufacturer/Printer
Location - Anaheim, CA
Our client is a multi-plant label converter who, for more than 20 years, has provided pressure-sensitive labels, shrink sleeves, flexible packaging, and heat transfer labels to markets including premium beverage, home care, personal care, food, nutraceutical, wine, spirits, and craft beverage. They are looking for a Quality Manager to lead the QA department in their Anaheim, CA facility. The plant has about 110 employees and utilizes both flexographic and digital printing processes.
This position will be charged with delivering measurable and sustainable results by leading the quality department and improvement initiatives that support key objectives and strategies for the facility’s operations. Reports to the Corporate Director of Quality Assurance.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead and drive the continuous improvement process throughout the business through the “hands-on” support and/or leadership of successful plant continuous improvement projects.
• Ensure compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices and QMS as part of a team to achieve for ISO9001:2015 or other certifications.
• Manages QA staff to effectively increase the product quality .
• Coordinate internal auditing, mock recalls and serve as leader for any customer or agency audits.
• Facilitate projects that target waste reduction and optimizes the entire value stream.
• Coordinate investigations and respond with corrective and preventive actions CAPA for any customer complaints.
• Act as a change agent to instill a continuous improvement culture throughout the organization.
• Partner with process owners to identify and leverage best practices to achieve maximum results to eliminate waste/cost of poor performance and deliver sustainable and repeatable change
• Coach and champion functions to identify and implement opportunities to improve program and process effectiveness
• Monitor progress of key initiatives in order to check if changes yield desirable results. Establish measurable standards at the start of a project and then compare actual project results against these, regularly generating detailed update reports to key stake holders.
• Act as a technical expert, coach and train other team members in the use of continuous improvement processes and tools
1. Strong coaching, counseling, active listener and interpersonal skills
2. Committed to continuous personal development with strong organizational skills
3. Brings a sense of order and urgency
4. Excellent oral, written communication skills
5. Good interpersonal skills
6. Collaborate with all levels of employees
7. Able to communicate to a broad audience from novice to expert and having strong presentation skills
8. Analytical problem solver
Education and Experience:
1. Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in manufacturing, engineering, quality.
2. Full working knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma Concepts with demonstrated success.
3. Minimum of 5 years quality and / or process improvement experience required.
4. Printing experience required.
5. Experience professionally working with customers.
6. Internal auditing and represent company for external customer or ISO:2015 audits preferred.
7. ASQ certification preferred.
Salary is negotiable, depending upon experience presented, to 125K.
- Apply For This Job - - Back to Job List -