Details for Job ID# M942
Date Posted - 7-21-2021
Category - Manufacturing
Position Title - Vice President/General Manager
Location - Greater Cleveland, OH area
Our Client is a mid-tier, multi-plant printed component manufacturer producing Commercial, POP displays, Folding Cartons, Labels and Fulfillment Services for a variety of market sectors with annual sales approaching $120 million. Client is looking for a Vice President/General Manager to manage their Ohio Division located in the Greater Cleveland area. The Ohio Division is an offset and digital location with a mix of commercial, carton, label and fulfillment offerings. Focus is on growing the carton business more heavily. Current sales are $20 million prox with a headcount of 85 employees.
The VP/GM position has complete responsibility to provide business, strategic and operational leadership to drive process improvement, put in place scalable standard operating procedures, manage the operational P & L and improved operating efficiencies within the OHIO Division. Position works closely with the executive leadership team and the sales organization to lead and achieve the growth agenda while promoting/driving the EOS model within the division. EOS - Entrepreneurial Operating System for Businesses, home of Traction tools & library (eosworldwide.com)
Reports directly to the Corporate President/CEO and serves as part of the executive leadership team.
Lead, Manage & Accountability:
• Continuously develop human assets through leadership, coaching, training and discipline, while motivating and engaging team members in order to achieve growth objectives.
• Drive EOS program with focus on instituting/improving processes and creating systems, metrics and standard operating procedures to meet business objectives.
• Continuously assess the capabilities and needs of the team and provide solid, effective leadership to ensure team members are developed, motivated and contributing at an optimal level.
• Maintain and build upon the company’s culture as a best in class customer-centric organization.
• Insure that direct reports and all employees are team oriented and work collaboratively up, down and across the organization.
• Live and promote the company’s core values with a focus on making a positive difference in the lives of employees, customers and the community.
• Support sales team efforts and oversee production & product design to insure that operations are well-positioned to meet the needs of customers.
• Strategize with sales leadership in identifying new markets and new product development.
• Support sales team in maintaining and meeting with key customers and attending trade shows.
• Insure strong on-boarding capabilities for new customers from quote through delivery.
• Promote customer centric atmosphere to create high degree of customer satisfaction.
• Responsible for all operations and service delivery, including managing all team members, resources and partnership agreements for vendors and subcontractors.
• Ensure that direct reports and managers develop and meet accountability for key performance metrics.
• Deliver annual operating plans establishing performance goals and accountability for each functional area.
• Lead new operational, capital equipment and technology investments and process changes to build a business infrastructure for scale and profitability.
• Provide strategic leadership and oversight of all customers, contracts, service agreements, resource allocation, pricing, company assets and capital purchases.
Profitability, Budgeting & Planning:
• Manage the operational P&L, overall budget and associated expenses for the division.
• In conjunction with President-CEO and other platform level leadership, review and assess financial reporting requirements for the Company’s quarterly business reviews and insure that needed financial and operational Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)/Metrics are in place to monitor, support and report on business results and future business requirements.
• Provide timely and accurate reporting to the President-CEO and the Board of Directors on business results.
• Along with the President-CEO and the platform level team, develop and execute capital expense plans to support the business strategy.
Continuous Improvement, Safety & Quality:
• Implement, champion and lead continuous improvement through EOS and KPI’s throughout the division.
• Insure that all OSHA, FDA standards and regulatory requirements are met and maintained at the highest possible level for the safety of employees and customers.
• Establish, document and report on safety and quality metrics.
• Drive, promote and enforce a safe work environment for employees and visitors of the facility through initiatives and programs.
• Responsible for ensuring the quality system and metrics are properly maintained and managed through ISO certification.
• Assist with the assessment of any corporate acquisitions including due diligence and post transaction integration and on-boarding.
Essential must have’s
• A bachelor’s degree is required. An engineering degree or MBA is preferred but not required.
• 10 years of progressive experience in manufacturing, leadership or general management with at least 5 years of experience at a senior management or director level.
• Experience in the printing/packaging industry is required, which can include but not be limited to commercial printing, folding cartons, pressure sensitive labels, etc.
• Management experience is to include multiple functional areas and an operational P&L with experience in manufacturing process improvement, operations and establishing systems: SOP’s, KPI’s, Lean, etc.
• Excellent leadership, change management and project management skills, including demonstrated experience in building high performing teams.
• Effective professional written and oral communication and interpersonal skills. With the ability to make formal presentations to employees and customers.
• Ability to motivate teams with proven experience in setting and achieving goals.
• Ability to develop good relationships with all levels of personnel within the organization in order to foster a collaborative environment and to extend relationship building to customers, vendors and suppliers.
• Demonstrated experience identifying and evaluating complex business problems, collecting relevant data, establishing facts, and provide well thought out solutions.
• Must act with a high degree of integrity in both words and behaviors.
• High proficiency in Windows, MS Office, ability to learn and master other software systems.
Salary is negotiable, dependent upon experience presented, to 200K plus Profit Sharing.
- Apply For This Job - - Back to Job List -