Details for Job ID# S931
Date Posted - 5-18-2021
Category - Sales & Marketing
Position Title - Sales Representative - Barrier Films
Location - Midwest
Our client extrudes/coextrudes/laminates PET film in flexible, semi-rigid and rigid forms for use in food and drug packaging.
Client has three manufacturing facilities located in Portugal, Brazil and Mexico. Portugal & Brazil plants provide product to Europe and South America. The North American Continent receives product produced in the Monterrey, Mexico plant.
Customers include both converters, contract packagers and end-users, anyone using HFFS equipment who requires medium and high barrier packaging materials to extend shelf-life of perishable products. Products packaged include meat, cheese, fish, poultry, nuts and more. Current U.S. Sales are approximately $25 Million.
The U.S. Sales Manager is located in greater Chicagoland and has reps in California and the Philadelphia area as well as a broker and warehouse in Cleveland. We are conducting a search for a Midwest Rep who should currently be living somewhere between, Toronto, Ohio, Texas & Colorado.
The person hired will be given a few accounts with sales of approximately $1MM. The candidate is responsible for growing their territory by adding new accounts.
- 5 + years selling packaging films into the food industry
- High barrier applications a plus
- Knowledge of forming films (semi-rigid and flexible)
- Familiar with HFFS machines (Mulitvac, Reiser, Ulma etc..)
- Ideal candidate would be from a competitor (Bemis, Cryovac, Winpak, Klockner, etc.) or from a machine company (Reiser, Harpak, GEA, Multivac etc.)
- Main task will be to prospect for new business. Hunter mentality a must!
- Technical knowledge. Ability to run trials with production and maintenance people on their HFFS lines.
- Food industry experience along with Thermoformer experience desired.
- Focus on solution selling and differentiation in the market
- Must be resourceful and able to work on their own at home office.
- Responsible for ensuring AR is up to date at all times.
- Reporting: weekly summary reports, monthly budget report, weekly sales funnel updates, expense reports, etc.
- Available to travel 50 - 70% of the time.
- Salary is negotiable within 90 – 120K range
- Commissions - 1% on coextruded films and 0.5% on monolayer films
- Car Allowance of $500/month
- 401K – 3% match (0.5% up to 6%) Car Allowance
- Medical – up to $1,000/month (somewhat negotiable
- HO Expenses: computer, cell phone, office phone, internet, office supplie
- Travel expenses: Paid
- Probation period: 90 days to receive benefits
- Apply For This Job - - Back to Job List -