Details for Job ID# M929
Date Posted - 4-19-2021
Category - Manufacturing
Position Title - Production Operations Manager - food processing
Location - Louisville,, KY
Our client is a multi-plant Latin food company (fruit & vegetable processing) offering a full line of conventional, organic and refried beans, hominy, salsas, hot sauce, tortillas, flatbreads, taco shells, cheese & enchilada sauces and a wide array of seasonings, peppers and mixes. Employees total over 1100 and annual sales are in the neighborhood of $400MM. Seven producing plants are located in California, Texas, Colorado, Illinois and Kentucky.
The Production Operations Manager position is located in client’s Louisville Bakery which makes Taco Shells and Tortillas and operates 24/7 utilizing 3 shifts and 400 hourly associates. Reports include 6 Supervisors (2 per shift). Position is responsible for coordinating materials, labor, process, packing, and quality control for all production of quality products in a clean and safe environment within established labor costs and budgets. Reports to the Plant Manager and assumes that role in the Plant Manager’s absence.
1. Manage and evaluate machine resources to ensure productivity and minimal downtime.
2. Measure and evaluate key performance and productivity targets, including staffing levels, against established standards and goals. Lead efforts to optimize cost performance. Prepare quantitative analysis and make recommendations where appropriate.
3. Responsible for the performance of the entire production line to include Yield, Efficiency, Downtime, Quality, and Safety. Follow the 80/20 rule of 80% of time spent on the floor and 20% on administrative duties.
4. Manage all areas of production personnel including hiring, discipline, termination and training.
5. Insure that the company is at all times in compliance with Federal, State & County health regulations and maintains related files, records and materials.
6. Responsible for alerting management of any change in regulation and compliance status.
7. Ensures that plant sanitation is maintained at levels that are in compliance with all governing regulatory agencies and in compliance with all Teasdale’s quality standards.
8. Work with the Quality Assurance Manager to develop and monitor a plant quality control program that insures high levels of product quality, consistency and appearance.
9. Complete the necessary documentation regarding employee injuries in the production area (OSHA compliance).
10. Work with the operations personnel to fully document the daily processing paperwork and ensure it is filed appropriately.
11. Work with the Plant Manager in developing and monitoring a product yield program to reduce waste and insure the plant is operating at the lowest possible cost.
12. Evaluate current production operations and procedures on a regular basis and recommend, when necessary, changes to attain greater efficiency and profitability.
13. Develop and track appropriate productivity measures within processing to ensure the most cost effective and cost-efficient operations.
14. Work Closely with all other departments in development of new products.
15. Lead the Production team in Lean Daily Management – communication of metrics to all team members.
• BS Degree – Engineering preferred
• 3 – 5 years of related Production Management experience
• Proven leadership skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Free of any and all non-compete agreements
Salary is negotiable, depending upon experience presented, to $110K plus bonus opportunity. Relocation package.
- Apply For This Job - - Back to Job List -