Details for Job ID# M900
Date Posted - 5-27-2020
Category - Manufacturing
Position Title - Operations Manager - Papermill
Location - Columbus Ohio area
Our client manufactures specialty paperboard and converts the paperboard into insulation for various uses within the electrical transmission industry. The Ohio mill operates 5-6 days per week and is well maintained. There are approximately 150 total employees supporting the mill and over 20 specialty paper converting machines. Converting equipment includes creping machines, celled styled printing press applying specialty coatings plus slitting and combining operations.
The Operations Manager oversees all manufacturing and is responsible for the daily management of the papermill and converting operations, including Safety, Quality, Productivity, Cost, Waste and On Time Delivery. This position ensures that operational processes are carried out efficiently and effectively to meet global and local management objectives and strategies. Focus is on achieving operational goals through continuous improvement initiatives.
The position has two direct reports including the Converting Plant manager and the Mill Manager. Reports to the General Manager.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Paper Science or Business Administration
• Minimum of 7 -10 years manufacturing management experience
• Paper Manufacturing experience preferred
• Lean, Six Sigma, TPM background required.
* Knowledge of process and make-to-order environments is required.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Power Point and ERP software (SAP preferred)
* Excellent organizational and interpersonal relationship skills
• Knowledge of ISO 9001 and ISO 14001
Salary is negotiable, depending upon experience presented, to 130K plus 20% targeted bonus. Bonus is half-based upon Plant performance and half-based upon Company performance. Excellent relocation program.
- Apply For This Job - - Back to Job List -