Details for Job ID# M897
Date Posted - 4-13-2020
Category - Manufacturing
Position Title - Plant Manager - Food Processor
Location - Georgia
Our client is a leading processor of food products with plants located worldwide. Client is looking for a Plant Manager for their Georgia facility. They want to talk to candidates who think about Safety First and have strong, collaborative leadership skills with experience in Food Processing/Canning. This position assists with the overall business planning process and will be directly responsible for managing operations, engineering and maintenance through multiple Supervisors and Facilitators and a total headcount in excess of 150 employees. The incumbent will ensure all food preparation, processing and packaging is compliant to the guidelines of Good Manufacturing Practices and Food Safety regulations. Position reports to the Plant General Manager.. Company is located in a smaller town (pop. 10,000) and client is looking for candidates who have lived in rural communities and like small town living.
- BS Engineering degree
- 10+ years of manufacturing experience
- 5+ years of Food Processing/canning experience.
(Perishable Food, LACF highly preferred)
- 5+ years of Production Management experience over a workforce of 150 or more.
- Continuous Improvement experience with Root Cause Problem Solving, ability to focus on process (Visual factory experience highly preferred).
- Knowledge of HACCP
- Six Sigma Black Belt a huge plus
- Strong Collaborative Leadership Skills
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication Skills and ability to communicate with all levels of organization
- Strong Planning and Organizational Skills
- Experienced with Fiscal Management - Metrics Driven
- Good computer skills and be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Regulatory Agency experience highly preferred
Salary is negotiable, depending upon experience presented, plus bonus opportunity. Excellent relocation Program. 3 weeks vacation plus excellent benefits
- Apply For This Job - - Back to Job List -