Details for Job ID# T896
Date Posted - 4-4-2020
Category - Technical
Position Title - Technical Training Manager - Packaging Equipment mfgr
Location - Providence, RI
Our client manufactures fully integrated and automated primary packaging lines including thermoforming, flow wrapping and stretch wrapping equipment as well as secondary packaging options for cartoning, forming & closing machines and case erectors & multipack machines. Client provides complete lines for packaging food products, medical products and a wide variety of non-food CPG applications. They also provide training, service, and ongoing technical support to their customers through an extensive network of service technicians available nationally.
The Technical Training Manager will be responsible for all internal and external training. This includes training of the Technical/Field Service Team and to their customers as well. As training programs are developed and ready for deployment, trainers will be added under the TTM’s leadership responsibility. This will be a revenue generating role and resources can be justified as these programs are strengthened. Position will require travel up to 10-20% of the time for customer visits, program sales and site training with our colleagues in Europe (Spain & Italy). Reports to Senior VP Sales & Operations.
Responsibilities - (Top 10 - complete list to be provided to interested candidates)
1. Be accomplished by developing, editing, managing content, assignments, and monitoring in an LMS (Learning Management System) and also via one-on-one and classroom training.
2. Develop on-boarding and administrative tools to track progress including safety training; machine-specific training covering electrical and mechanical aspects in operation and maintenance; machine Develop and lead the training program for internal technical resources. This will sanitation; as well as skills in reading blueprints, schematics, proper hand tool usage, and testing equipment.
3. Confer with product managers and senior management to determine training objectives on an ongoing basis.
4. Analyze and assess organizational technical capabilities (all staff) and effectiveness of existing programs for training new hires.
5. Create training program and instruction materials including course outlines, background materials, instructional materials, hand-outs and tests as well as design hands-on exercises applying knowledge of electronics, mechanics, pneumatics, programming and reading of schematics, manuals and blueprints.
6. Assist in designing and implementing an IT-based and multi-media curriculum, which can be deployed in person or via the Internet.
7. Schedule classes based on availability and needs.
8. Conduct training classes and administer written and practical tests to evaluate trainees’ performance for general on-boarding and in the disciplines of installation, programming, safety, maintenance, repair and sanitation of industrial packaging, related automation equipment, etc.
9. Continuously enhance technical instructional delivery and presentation skills through participation in outside meetings, seminars and training sessions.
10. Establish and maintain a safe and healthy training environment by following organization standards and legal regulations.
- Bachelors or Associate’s Degree from an accredited educational institution in a technical or business area of study. Military Technical Training Leaders will also be strongly considered.
- 5 to 10 years related technical experience; Mechanical and Electrical aptitudes along with food industry equipment experience and previous training experience is a plus as is experience with other packaging industry equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as legal documents, technical descriptions and specifications, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present technical information to groups of customers or associates of organization. Spanish and/or Italian speaking and writing is a plus.
- Should be proficient in Word Processing software (Word, Adobe Publisher); Spreadsheet software, Internet software, Database software, and familiarization with LMS software. Must be proficient in the use of the MS Office Suite and Windows platform. Working knowledge of SolidWorks or AutoCAD is also required.
- Leadership skills - this position will have evolving supervisory responsibilities as content and programs are developed. Likely responsible for 2 or more employees within 1-2 years.
Salary is negotiable, depending upon experience presented, to 85K plus generous benefit program. Relocation package.
- Apply For This Job - - Back to Job List -