Details for Job ID# M891
Date Posted - 5-3-2019
Category - Manufacturing
Position Title - Plant Superintendent - papermill
Location - Watertown, NY
Our client is a leading manufacturer of uncoated recycled paperboard and custom converted mill products. Client provides products to many niche industries using 100% recycled paperboard products, while keeping a strong focus on environmental stewardship. They are a growing, privately owned company with 3 recycled paper mills and 5 integrated converting operations. This Mill produces un-coated recycled paperboard used for the tube & core industry and for specialty products such as matte board and gift boxes. Plant has 100 hourly employees.
The Mill Superintendent reports to the General Manager and is responsible for managing the 4 salary shift supervisors. The Superintendent is responsible for the safety, production and quality of product produced at the mill and will assist supervisors as necessary during production outages.
• Lead the coordination of activities with team members to support company objectives and monitor performance goals taking corrective action, as appropriate.
• Manage 4 salary crew leaders on a 24/7 basis
• Develop the leadership, decision making and problem solving skills of their direct reports
• Maintaining open communication and strong working relationships with the hourly team members.
• Assist shift supervisors in making quality and productivity decisions on an as need basis.
• Participate in downtime maintenance and readiness planning and project management activities
• Train production employees in problem solving and decision-making techniques.
• Communicate maintenance needs to Maintenance Manager in a timely manner
• Paper Mill experience required, cylinder machine experience preferred
• Continuous operations experience such as corrugating may work as alternative.
• College degree preferred but not required
• Demonstrated ability to lead crew/employees a must
• Ability to get employees engaged in the process is critical
• Ability to train and develop crew to be more autonomous
• Demonstrated commitment to safety
• Supervisory experience
• Demonstrated ability to accept challenges and see them thru to resolution
Salary is negotiable, depending upon experience presented, to $125,000 plus 10% bonus opportunity. Relocation assistance available
- Apply For This Job - - Back to Job List -