Details for Job ID# E791
Date Posted - 2-27-2018
Category - Engineering
Position Title - Process Engineer - Plastic Film Extrusion
Location - LaGrange, GA
Our client is a multi-plant manufacturer of specialty OPP films for the flexible packaging and labeling markets. Within Flexible Packaging client provides films that lead the market in terms of barrier to moisture, oxygen, flavor & aroma which protects package contents. This protection extends the shelf-life of consumer products enabling customers to expand their product distribution channels keeping products tasting fresh.
The Process Engineer will provide engineering service toward the design, improved operation, purchase and installation of manufacturing equipment and processes used in the production of materials and products. Will work cross- functionally with Process, Operations, Maintenance and Safety. Position reports to the Technical & Maintenance Manager.
• Monitors the quality, productivity and equipment reliability on the manufacturing line and lead continuous improvement process
• Supports new product development
• Evaluates machine capabilities and product characteristics for process/product improvement
• Prepares data used in obtaining authorization for capital expenditures and assists in the specification and installation of process equipment
• Assists in training production operators
• Provides technical support for outside requests- including safety and environmental departments, other manufacturing sites, sales, marketing and research and development
• BS degree - Engineering
• 3 - 5 years of related engineering work experience
• Ability to set and achieve high standards for self and others
• Effective written and oral communication skills
• Organizational/Administrative skills
• Analytical/Problem-solving skills
• Knowledge in the use of computer and software applications relevant to this position
• Ability to work productively in cross-functional teams
Salary is negotiable, depending upon experience presented, to $100K.
- Apply For This Job - - Back to Job List -